Cookies and how we use them
We operate an implied consent policy. This means that we assume that if you visit the website with your browser set to accept cookies that you are happy with their usage. If you are not happy you should not use the site or delete these cookies at the end of your visit.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are transferred by a website to your browser directory. They help the website identify your browser or device. They perform different tasks on a website, and certain aspects of the website will not function correctly without them. To find out more about cookies visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org
Cookies used on this website
Google Analytics is used to gather information about users, how they found and navigated the site, as well as facts about which browsers they have used. The data gathered by this cookie is anonymous and is used to enhance the usability of the website. Further information is available here http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html
This privacy notice applies between you, the User of this website and Citrefine International Ltd, the owner and provider of this website. Citrefine International Ltd takes the privacy of your information very seriously. This privacy notice applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the website and any other dealings you have with the company.
Definitions and interpretation
Data - collectively all information that you submit to Citrefine International Ltd via the website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws
Data Protection Laws - any applicable law relating to the processing of personal data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK
GDPR - the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679
We, us or CIL – Citrefine International Ltd
User or you - any third party that accesses the website and is not either employed by Citrefine International Ltd and acting in the course of their employment or engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Citrefine International Ltd and accessing the website in connection with the provision of such services
Website - the website you are currently using, www.citrefine.com and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships
d. ‘including’ is understood to mean ‘including without limitation’
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it
4. For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation and this notice, we are the ‘data controller’. This means that Citrefine International Ltd determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
How we collect data
5. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. Data is given to us by you and
b. Data is collected automatically
Data that is given to us by you
6. CIL will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
Data that is collected automatically
7. To the extent that you access the website, we will collect your Data automatically;
a. We automatically collect some information about your visit to the website. This information helps us to make improvements to the website content and navigation and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Keeping data secure
8. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example we store your data on secure servers.
9. Technical and organisation measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
12. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
13. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access – the right to request copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge for this, unless your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’. Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct – the right to have your date rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase – the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data – the right to ‘block’ us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability – the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object – the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
14. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this email address email@example.com.
15. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your how your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant Data Protection Authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO’s contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
16. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
Changes of business ownership and control
19. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
20. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
23. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
24. This agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
This privacy notice was last updated on 2nd November 2018.